1. Not drinking until you’re thirsty - Don’t wait until you’re thirsty to drink. During the summer we sweat a lot more and so lose fluids much more quickly.
2. Don’t forget the suncream. Even if it looks cloudy out there we need to slap on a sweat proof SPF 30.
3. Check the temperature as it climbs up without you noticing earlier than any other time of the year. Best time to exercise is before 10 and after 4pm.
4. Wear the proper clothing. Polyester blends are not the best things to wear especially as the weather heats up. Cotton fitness outfits are much more beneficial.
5. Although it’s great to run with your dog it is not the best thing to do in hot weather. With all that fur, dogs can really feel the heat, so leave them at home.
6. Lastly, don’t overdo it. Don’t ignore exhaustion. Listen to your body and know when to stop once you’ve had enough.